28th February 2020
Rump Steak Fajitas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large rump steak
- 1 x onion sliced
- 2-3 red/yellow peppers sliced into strips
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 fresh chilli
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 bunch of coriander roughly chopped
- Mix all marinade ingredients.
- Coat the steak with the marinade and let it sit at room temperature for an hour, or longer in the fridge.
- Set a large cast iron pan or griddle over high heat and let this heat up for 1-2 minutes. Add the tablespoon of oil to the pan and let this heat up for 1 minute.
- Add the steak, frying on each side for 3 minutes, or to desired doneness. 3 minutes per side will yield approximately medium rare doneness for an average cut of rump. Remove from pan and let sit.
- Add a little more oil to the pan if necessary, then add the onions and peppers.
- Let these sear for 1 minute before stirring, then stir every 90 seconds or so as the veggies sear. Cook for 5-6 minutes total.
- Slice the meat across the grain into thin slices.
- Serve immediately with grated cheese, salsa, smashed avocado, sour cream, and warm flour tortillas. For warming tortillas – put in microwave over a paper towel for 20 seconds on high heat.